ETS Expands Test-taker Friendly GRE® revised General Test with New ScoreSelectSM Option
PRINCETON, N.J. --(Korea Newswire) April 25, 2012 -- Following the successful introduction of the GRE® revised General Test, the GRE Program is now introducing the ScoreSelectSM option as one more enhancement to its more test-taker friendly platform. With the ScoreSelect option, GRE test takers can decide which test scores to send to the institutions they designate, so they can send the scores they feel reflect their personal best.
The ScoreSelect option, available starting in July 2012, builds on the momentum that started with the 2011 launch of the test-taker friendly GRE revised General Test, which test takers worldwide responded to with great enthusiasm. “The ScoreSelect option focuses on helping test takers succeed on the road to an advanced degree because they can approach test day with more confidence,” says James Wimbush, Dean of the University Graduate School and Professor of Business Administration, Indiana University, and 2011–2012 GRE Board Chair.
“Adding enhancements, like the new ScoreSelect option, to our test-taker friendly platform helps people feel good about making a move toward graduate and business school, and that is what’s most exciting about this announcement,” says David Payne, Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of the Higher Education Division at ETS. “Anytime we can make changes that improve test takers’ testing experience and confidence to succeed, we create more opportunity for all students.”
Test takers can now select from several options.
On test day, when viewing their scores at the test center*, they can select the:
- ScoreSelect Most Recent option — Send their scores from their current test administration (FREE).
- ScoreSelect All option — Send their scores from all administrations in the last 5 years (FREE).
Test takers can decide which option to use for each of their 4 FREE score reports.
After test day, test takers can send Additional Score Reports for a fee and select:
- ScoreSelect Most Recent option — Send their scores from their most recent test administration.
- ScoreSelect All option — Send their scores from all administrations in the last 5 years.
- ScoreSelect Any option — Send their scores from one OR many test administrations in the last 5 years.
Scores for a test administration must be reported in their entirety.
“The ScoreSelect option for the GRE tests is an extension of ETS’s long-standing strong commitment to enabling ever more individuals to take the next step towards graduate or business school, giving them invaluable additional opportunities for their future,” says Michael Sullivan, Executive Director, STEM, Hispanic Research Center, Arizona State University.
The new ScoreSelect option will be available for both the GRE revised General Test and GRE Subject Tests, and can be used by anyone with reportable scores from the last five years. For more information on this new option and other GRE program offerings, including free test prep, visit www.ets.org/gre.
* Individuals taking the paper-based GRE revised General Test or a Subject Test will select their options prior to test day.
- 미국교육평가원, 무료 대규모 온라인 강좌 ‘토플 시험 대비: 인사이더스 가이드’ 개강
- Effective July 1, the GRE revised General Test Will Have One Global Price for All Test Takers
- 7월 1일, GRE 개정 일반시험 응시료 전세계 동일 적용
- ETS, TOEFL Program Unveils State-of-the-Art Biometric Voice Identification Software to Increase Test Security Globally
- ETS, 토플 보안 강화 위한 최신 생체 음성 인식 소프트웨어 공개