Toshiba Launches Compact Bluetooth® Low Energy Communication IC for Scatternet Devices
Supports communications by low-profile Bluetooth Smart applications in a very thin chip-scale package
TOKYO--(Business Wire/Korea Newswire) February 24, 2016 -- Toshiba Corporation's (TOKYO:6502) Semiconductor & Storage Products Company today announced the launch of “TC3567WBG-006”, a new line-up of Bluetooth® Low Energy (LE) communication ICs that support Bluetooth Core Version 4.1 for use with Scatternet devices. Sample shipments start today.
Based on Toshiba’s already released “TC35667FTG/FSG-005” for Bluetooth Smart devices, the new IC is configured with new ROM software for Scatternet and multipoint connection, in a very thin chip-scale package, only 2.88mm x 3.04mm x 0.3mm. It will bring Bluetooth Low Energy communication networks to low-profile applications, such as contactless cards, tags and tickets.
The Scatternet standard defines two functions in the Bluetooth Core specification, for Version 4.0 and higher. Compliant devices have to support either multiple or simultaneous connections with Master and Slave devices or multiple connections between two or more Master devices at the same time. Toshiba’s new IC supports both functions with Bluetooth Low Energy, making it easy to create a network with very small devices.
Samples of packaged chips for Scatternet, “TC35667FTG-006/FSG-006”, and of “TC35670FTG-006”, which supports both Bluetooth and NFC tag functionality, also start to ship today.
Toshiba will contribute to the realization and promotion of Scatternet-based communication networks with low-profile applications, and support devices that optimize communication functions required for Internet of Things (IoT) applications, such as auto-monitoring systems and multifunctional applications.
Key Features of the New Product
· Low power consumption:
Less than 5.9mA at peak current consumption of Bluetooth communication (@3.3V, -4dBm transmitter output power or receiver operation)
50nA typical current consumption in deep sleep (@3.3V)
· Receiver sensitivity: -92.5dBm
· Supports Bluetooth Low Energy central and peripheral devices
· Supports servers and client functions defined by GATT (Generic Attribute Profile)
Bluetooth Smart devices, including connected home products, wearable devices, healthcare devices, smartphone accessories, remote controllers, toys and IoT devices.
Main Specifications (To view the specifications, please visit http://goo.gl/MKNf4v)
1. Bluetooth Low Energy: the low power consumption communication technology defined as Bluetooth Version 4.0 and higher.
2. Scatternet: A group of independent and non-synchronized piconets (a piconet is formed when at least two Bluetooth-enabled devices connect) that share at least one common Bluetooth device.
* Bluetooth, Bluetooth Low Energy and Bluetooth Smart Ready are registered trademarks owned by the Bluetooth SIG; Toshiba uses them under license.
For more information about the new product, please visit:
Mixed Signal Controller Group
*Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is current on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.
Toshiba Corporation, a Fortune Global 500 company, channels world-class capabilities in advanced electronic and electrical product and systems into five strategic business domains: Energy & Infrastructure, Community Solutions, Healthcare Systems & Services, Electronic Devices & Components, and Lifestyles Products & Services. Guided by the principles of The Basic Commitment of the Toshiba Group, “Committed to People, Committed to the Future”, Toshiba promotes global operations and is contributing to the realization of a world where generations to come can live better lives.
Founded in Tokyo in 1875, today’s Toshiba is at the heart of a global network of over 580 consolidated companies employing 199,000 people worldwide, with annual sales surpassing 6.6 trillion yen (US$55 billion).
To find out more about Toshiba, visit www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm
View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160223005900/en/
Semiconductor & Storage Products Company
Semiconductor & Storage Products Company
- Toshiba Launches Bipolar 2-channel Stepping Motor Driver with Maximum Rating of 40V and 2.0A
- 도시바, 최대 정격 40V/2.0A의 바이폴라 2채널 스테핑 모터 출시
- 도시바, 1.5A 싱크 출력 드라이버 탑재 DMOS FET 트랜지스터 어레이 라인업 추가
- Toshiba Adds to Line-up of DMOS FET Transistor Arrays with 1.5A Sink-Output Driver
- Toshiba Launches H Bridge Driver IC for Low-Voltage (2.5V) Drive