- Andreas Kramvis, Honeywell Vice Chairman speaks to Building a High Performance Culture through Software Capability
“We are excited to serve our community worldwide with events that reflect the dynamic nature of today’s global work environment and share new approaches on how to connect strategy to action and drive high performance and agility in organizations,” said Kirk Botula, CEO of CMMI Institute.
As a globally-adopted capability improvement framework, CMMI distinguishes building capability as a top priority for companies to improve performance and speed past the competition. According to a 2015 McKinsey & Company survey, the strategic importance of capabilities is a significant differentiator for high performing organizations and is driven by customer demand and strategic importance. The survey reports that half of all executives say that capability building is a top priority.
The Capability Counts conference is designed to help organizations and professionals hone their capability-building skills. This two-day event is complete with networking opportunities, engaging keynotes, collaborative workshops, and informative case study presentations. Attendees meet with industry thought leaders from around the world and hear success stories that focus on how to build organizational capability to deliver superior results. Additionally, exhibitors display a variety of tools, methods, and services available to help organizations with their capability improvement efforts.
Andreas Kramvis, Vice Chairman of Honeywell (http://goo.gl/AqN8wr), will deliver the opening keynote on Building a High Performance Culture through Software Capability. Kramvis will speak to advancing Honeywell’s software initiative through improved development processes and driving expansion. Kirk Grothe, Chief Executive Officer of Livanta (http://goo.gl/gP9byl), will feature as the second-day keynote and will touch on the role of organizational maturity in driving innovation and competitive advantage. In addition, Eric Rongley, Chief Executive Officer of Bleum (http://goo.gl/8ML1k7), is set to be the afternoon speaker; his expertise comes from setting the strategic direction for growth and development while building high performance software centers.
Capability Counts attracts professional of all levels, including chief technical officers, chief information officers, vice presidents, directors, managers, and practitioners that are responsible for elevating organizational performance. This year attendees can self-select their experience through four tracks (http://goo.gl/S5QoZk):
1. Starting Your Capability Journey - Sessions will provide guidance for those who want to learn how to build capability in their organizations. Those who are new to capability improvement and CMMI will benefit from attending the sessions in this track.
2. Gamer’s Alley - The coaches in the Alley will facilitate a series of competitive learning games where attendees will learn more about collaboration, iterative delivery, and continuous improvement in a hands-on environment that leverages CMMI and agile methods along with prizes and plenty of fun. Facilitated by experienced Game Masters who are also CMMI and agile coaches and instructors, there will be concurrent events including the XP Game, the Collaboration Game, and more.
3. CMMI on Board - Learn through success stories and lessons learned how organizations have successfully adopted CMMI to improve their business results and tracked measurable results such as increasing quality, performance, and customer satisfaction while reducing risk, cost, defects, and time to market.
4. Advancing Your Capability - Embark on the journey to high maturity by learning from organizations around the world that have leveraged the power of identifying their capability gaps to build cultures of agility and innovation.
“Capability Counts is a high-energy meeting point for professionals, businesses and government to share new approaches for achieving high-performance through dialogue and hands-on learning,” said Jeff Dalton, program chair and CEO of Broadsword (http://goo.gl/yeMgG2).
For more information on the CMMI Institute Capability Counts 2016 Conference or for registration details, visit http://CMMIConferences.com.
About CMMI® Institute
CMMI Institute (CMMIInstitute.com) is the global leader in the advancement of best practices in people, process, and technology. The Institute provides the tools and support for organizations to benchmark their capabilities and build maturity by comparing their operations to best practices and identifying performance gaps. For over 25 years, thousands of high-performing organizations in a variety of industries, including aerospace, finance, health services, software, defense, transportation, and telecommunications, have earned a CMMI maturity level rating and proved they are capable business partners and suppliers. To learn more about how CMMI can help your organization elevate performance, visit http://cmmiinstitute.com.
View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160302006148/en/
- Media Contact
- CMMI® Institute