SlimPort Enables Windows Continuum on Acer Liquid Jade Primo Smartphone and Display Dock
SlimPort USB-C Transmitters and Controllers Connect Acer’s Windows 10-Powered Smartphone to External Displays for a PC-like Experience
SANTA CLARA, CALIF.--(Business Wire/Korea Newswire) March 14, 2016 -- Analogix Semiconductor, Inc. today announced that Liquid Jade Primo, Acer’s Windows 10-powered smartphone, features the SlimPort® ANX7816 and ANX7418 USB-C transmitters and controllers. ANX7402 USB-C controllers are featured in Acer’s Display Dock, alongside SlimPort ANX7737 converters.
These chip sets provide DisplayPort™ audio/video out capability over USB-C™, enabling the Windows Continuum feature, which allows users to:
· connect their smartphone to an external monitor, keyboard, and mouse accessing productivity-intensive applications in the office, while the phone charges;
· connect their smartphone to a conference room projector for presentations on the go, while displaying the “Presenter View” on the smartphone;
· connect their smartphone to a TV to play digital media when traveling or at home, while using other apps on the smartphone simultaneously.
“Acer’s Liquid Jade Primo offers ultimate productivity to professionals through Continuum on Windows 10,” said ST Liew, President of Smart Products Business Group at Acer. “We chose SlimPort to enable DisplayPort audio/video out capability that allows Windows 10 universal apps to provide a PC-like experience when the smartphone is connected to a secondary display.”
“We are pleased that Acer selected the SlimPort USB-C family of products, as DisplayPort™ over USB-C™ delivers the highest resolution at the lowest power, best suited for mobile computing devices,” said Andre Bouwer, vice president of marketing for Analogix. “The ability to run Windows 10 apps from your phone on external monitors, and with keyboard and mouse support, essentially turns your smartphone into a PC.”
USB-C is being widely adopted in mobile devices, including smartphones, and compliance and interoperability in a growing USB-C ecosystem is essential in improving the overall mobile experience. The SlimPort certification program is available to all manufacturers to ensure compatibility amongst a growing range of USB-C devices with varying capabilities of power and data transfer, as well as the ability to support DisplayPort Alt Mode or not.
About Analogix Semiconductor
Analogix Semiconductor, Inc. designs and manufactures semiconductors for the digital multimedia market, from portable devices such as smartphones to high-end graphics cards and large, high-definition displays. Analogix is the market leader in providing end-to-end interface connectivity semiconductor solutions for DisplayPort, including the SlimPort family of products, and an industry leader in mobile display controllers, such as low-power, high-speed timing controller solutions. The DisplayPort standard is an innovative, packetized digital interface for high-resolution video and audio that was developed by the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA). SlimPort branded products are compliant with DisplayPort, Mobility DisplayPort (MyDP), and DisplayPort Alt Mode over the USB Type-C connector.
For more information visit www.analogix.com and www.slimport.com, follow us on Twitter @Analogix and @SlimPortConnect, or connect with us on LinkedIn.
Analogix and SlimPort are trademarks or registered trademarks of Analogix Semiconductor, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.
View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=51298513&lang=en
- Twitter: http://goo.gl/sWsiYA
Analogix Media Contact
- 아날로직스, 파워 딜리버리(PD) 3.0 버전 USB-C 단일 칩 포트 컨트롤러인 ANX7447제품군 발표
- Analogix Introduces ANX7447 Family of USB-C Single-Chip Port Controllers With Power Delivery Version 3.0
- Shanhai Capital Completes Acquisition of Analogix Semiconductor
- 상하이 캐피털, 아날로직스 세미컨덕터 인수 완료
- Analogix Partners with MediaTek to Bring High-Performance Mobile Video to the Masses