A Show of Stars at COEX…C-Festival 2018, Korea's Largest Urban Cultural Event, Set to Open on May 2
Annual mega-festival to feature seven themes of MICE content
SEOUL--(Korea Newswire) April 26, 2018 -- C-Festival 2018, Korea’s largest urban cultural festival, is set to run from May 2nd (Wed) to May 6th (Sun) at COEX and the trade center grounds.
Hosted by the Korea International Trade Association (President Youngjoo Kim) and COEX (CEO Dongwon Lee), this year’s C-Festival comes under the slogan “Meets Stars in the Seoul Sky”. The festival will revolve around seven thematic “stars” and include super-scaled shows and events in culture and arts, music, food, communication and more for the entire family.
· The Star of Super-Scale Show will feature the British aerial art performance Dream Engine, Stage Object performance, and a special K-Pop showcase. Scheduled performers for the K-Pop showcase includes renowned pop idols Chiyul Hwang, MONSTA-X and Comic Girls. (C-Choice)
· The Star of Family offers free admission to visiting families on Children’s Day for ‘Pang Kids Pong’ and ‘Tanky Family Space’, which will feature a space exploration-themed playground. At ‘Walking the Starry Way’, artwork by various young artists will be on display. (Play C)
· The Star of Culture and Arts showcases various cultural experiences with a special pop-art pavilion and events like the Design Festa and Analo9lab experience. Cultural events include the Korea-Thai festa, which celebrates the 60th anniversary of Korea-Thailand bilateral relations; the Arab culture experience, which includes participation from 13 Arab nations; and one of Japan’s top culinary schools will be showcasing traditional Hatori cuisine. Attendees can also stop by a promotional stall from the Gangnam District or observe the red carpet and awards ceremony of the Baeksang Arts Award. (Art&Culture C)
· The Star of Music will present indie musicians from Korea, Japan, Mongolia, Taiwan and Thailand in a specially built musical stage. 5 teams of indie musicians and 25 teams of young musicians of a wide-spanning variety of genres including rock, EDM and hip-hop will perform. (Music C)
· The Star of Taste will play home to the mega-food festival, “Eat the Seoul” and also “The Great Korean Beer Festival”, Korea’s largest craft beer festival. Visitors will be able to enjoy Korean, Western, Japanese cuisine, including desserts, with craft beer, wine and Korean traditional spirits in outdoor spaces. The ‘Night of Latin Culture’ and line dance performance will also accompany the delightful culinary offerings. (Market C)
· The Star of Communication hosts Insight Talks with special guest lecturers addressing the future of media. Offline screenings of popular new media content and a special talk show will also take place. (Media C)
· The Star of Story presents authors from the writing platform, Kakao Brunch, who will offer lectures on several contents related to C-Festival. (Story C)
C-Festival 2018 is hosted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Minister Kyunghwa Kang), Royal Thai Embassy, Seoul (Ambassador Singtong Lapisatepun), Gangnam District (Deputy Head Yoonjoon Joo), Korea International Trade Association and COEX MICE Cluster Committee (Chairman Taekyu Son) and presented by COEX.
Now in its 4th year, C-Festival is Korea’s largest private-public MICE initiative featuring special performances, exhibitions and interactive experiences. This total content platform festival attracts over a million visitors every year.
C-Festival was recently awarded the Best TV Grand Prize in the Korean Competition of the 2017 IFEA Pinnacle Award, also known as the Oscars of Festivals, adding to the expectations of this year’s festival.
C-Festival 2018: http://www.c-festival.com/en/
For C-Festival 2018
Scott Park, +82-2-725-9701
This is a news release distributed by Korea Newswire on behalf of this company . Learn more