JEOL: Release of the New Scanning Electron Microscope JSM-IT700HR
SEM – Essential in Daily Lab Operation – JSM-IT700HR Makes it Easy
TOKYO--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) August 04, 2020 -- JEOL Ltd. (TOKYO:6951) (President & COO Izumi Oi) announces the release of a new scanning electron microscope (SEM), the JSM-IT700HR for unprecedentedly high throughput in August 2020.
Scanning electron microscopes are used in various fields, such as nanotechnology, metals, semiconductors, ceramics, medicine, and biology. In addition, SEM applications are expanding to include quality control as well as basic research. The demands are increasing for faster data acquisition of higher-quality SEM images and for easier confirmation of compositional information.
Based on our award-winning predecessor of “InTouchScope™” series SEMs, the JSM-IT700HR is equipped with our in-lens Schottky field emission electron gun (FEG). This new powerful SEM satisfies the needs for observation and analysis of further miniaturized materials in daily laboratory operation.
The JSM-IT700HR delivers a high resolution of 1 nm and a maximum probe current of 300 nA (15 times higher than previously), providing a wealth of observation and analysis information. A simple-to-operate user interface, the compact design accommodating a large specimen chamber, with a renewed anti-vibrational support for the main console achieve more comfortable observation and analysis than before.
For enhancing “Simple operation,” the JSM-IT700HR incorporates a new function, integrated into the SEM GUI, to display the characteristic X-ray generation depth. This supports prompt understanding of the analysis depth (reference) for the specimen, which is useful for elemental analysis.
2 configurations are available, 1) JSM-IT700HR/LV for high and low vacuum image observation, 2) JSM-IT700HR/LA with additional integrated JEOL EDS system.
1. The in-lens Schottky field emission electron gun allows for high-definition image observation and high spatial-resolution analysis.
2. The Zeromag function, which links Holder Graphics, CCD and SEM images, makes specimen navigation easier than ever.
3. With our “Analytical series” (Live Analysis function), the embedded EDS system shows a real-time EDS spectrum during image observation for efficient elemental analysis.
4. A new function to display the analysis depth (characteristic X-ray generation depth) supports fast elemental analysis.
5. SMILE VIEW™ Lab, enabling integrated management of image and analysis data, facilitates report generation for all data from collected SEM images to elemental analysis results.
6. “Specimen Exchange Navi” enables safe and simple specimen exchange.
7. With the Auto Beam Alignment function, the electron optical conditions are always kept optimum.
8. “Drawout exchange system” allows easy access to the large specimen chamber, which accommodates various sizes and types of specimens
130 units/year (initial year)
3-1-2, Musashino, Akishima, Tokyo, 196-8558, Japan
Izumi Oi, President & COO
(Stock code: 6951, Tokyo Stock Exchange First Section)
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200803005011/en/
Science and Measurement Instruments Sales Division
This is a news release distributed by Korea Newswire on behalf of this company . Learn more