The Project Management Institute Announces Winners of 2020 PMI® Awards
PHILADELPHIA--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) November 17, 2020 -- On Tuesday, 20 October, Project Management Institute (PMI) announced the winners of the 2020 PMI® Professional Awards during the Virtual Experience Series event, A New World View: Our Global Impact.
Since 1974, the prestigious PMI Professional Awards have honored organizations and individuals whose passion, talent, and expertise have made the greatest contributions to the project management profession or to PMI.
This year’s PMI Research and Academic Award winners have also been selected. These awards recognize those who have made sustained or significant contributions through teaching, research, or literature.
For more information on the award programs: https://www.pmi.org/about/awards.
PMI® Professional Awards:
PMI Project of the Year - This award recognizes the large and complex project that best delivers superior performance of project management practices, superior organizational results, and positive impacts on society with a project budget of more than US$100 million.
· Winner: The Trans Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline (TANAP) Project, TANAP Natural Gas Transmission Company (Ankara, Turkey)
· Finalist: Revitalisation de la Tour de Montréal - Montréal Tower Revitalization Project, Parc Olympique (Montréal, Québec, Canada)
· Finalist: Fort McMurray West 500 kV Transmission Project, ATCO (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)
PMO OF THE YEAR® Award- This award honors a Project Management Office (PMO) that has added value to its organization through its support of successful strategic initiatives and demonstrated superior organizational project management capabilities. It also recognizes a PMO that has established a vision for value delivery and has had a positive and clear impact on business results.
· Winner: DC Water - IT Project Management Office: IT Project Management Office - Making I.T. Happen, (Washington, D.C., U.S.)
· Finalist: Emaar Properties PJSC - Group Operations: Emaar Properties - Group Operations: Strategic Project Management Office(Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
· Finalist: Kern Health Systems: Kern Health Systems Enterprise Project Management Office(Bakersfield, California, U.S.)
PMI Project Excellence Award - This award recognizes complex projects that best deliver superior performance of project management practices, superior organizational results, and positive impacts on society with a project budget of less than US$100 million.
· Asia Pacific Region: PROJECT RURAL MPOWERMENT, Mobitel (Pvt) Ltd (Colombo, Sri Lanka)
· Europe, Middle East, Africa Region: Shaybah Airport Runway Upgrade Project, Saudi Aramco - Oil Facilities Projects Department (Dhahran, Saudi Arabia)
· North America Region: Data-Center Co-Location Project, Adventist Health/ Highmark Solutions (Roseville, California, USA)
PMI Fellow Award - This is the highest and most prestigious individual award presented by Project Management Institute for service to the organization and profession.
· Marge Combe, PMI Fellow
· Dr. Prasad S. Kodukula, PMP, PgMP, PMI Fellow
PMI Eric Jenett Project Management Excellence Award - This award recognizes and honors an individual who has made an outstanding contribution(s) to the project management profession or its practice through leadership, technical project management, and strategic and business management acumen.
· Vanita Ahuja, PhD, PgMP, MRICS
· Dr. Krishna Kumar T I PhD, CDAI
· Kenneth Bainey MBA, PMP
PMI Young Professional Award - This award recognizes and honors young professionals who have made a significant impact in advancing project management within an organization, advancing the knowledge and understanding of the practice of project management, and demonstrating an understanding of PMI standards, practices and ethics.
· Nguyen Si Trieu Chau, LIMC, PfMP, PgMP, PMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-RMP, PMI-SP, IPMO-E, PMO-CP
· Lt. Dimitrios Zaires Exec. MSc, MBA, CMILT, PMI-RMP
· Roman Reznikov
· Dr. Ritu Ahuja, PMI-ACP, MRICS
PMI® Research and Academic Award Winners:
PMI Research Achievement Award - This award recognizes and honors an individual or group of individuals whose work has significantly advanced the concepts, knowledge, and practices of project management through a published body of academic research.
· Professor Monique Aubry, PhD, MPM
PMI Linn Stuckenbruck Teaching Excellence Award - This award recognizes and honors an individual faculty member for excellence in teaching project management, and for their strong commitment to improving and enhancing project management curricula in higher education.
· Callum Robert Kidd (University of Manchester)
PMI Project Management Journal® Paper of the Year Award - This award recognizes the best paper published in the Project Management Journal in the previous year.
· “How Digital Information Transforms Project Delivery Models” by Professor Jennifer Whyte
PMI David I. Cleland Project Management Literature Award - This award recognizes the author(s) of a published book that significantly advances project management knowledge, concepts, and practice.
· “Project Management: A Benefit Realisation Approach” by Professor Ofer Zwikael and John R Smyrk
Find the list of PMI award winners: https://www.pmi.org/about/awards/winners
About Project Management Institute (PMI)
Project Management Institute (PMI) is the world's leading association for those who consider project, program or portfolio management their profession. Through global advocacy, collaboration, education and research, we work to prepare more than three million professionals around the world for The Project Economy: the coming economy in which work, and individuals, are organized around projects, products, programs and value streams. Now 50 years in the making, we work in nearly every country around the world to advance careers, improve organizational success and further mature the project management profession through globally-recognized standards, certifications, communities, resources, tools, academic research, publications, professional development courses and networking opportunities. As part of the PMI family, ProjectManagement.com® interactive website creates online global communities that deliver more resources, better tools, larger networks and broader perspectives. Visit us at www.PMI.org, www.projectmanagement.com, www.facebook.com/PMInstitute and on Twitter @PMInstitute
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201116005763/en/
Project Management Institute
This is a news release distributed by Korea Newswire on behalf of this company . Learn more