New Data Reveals Social Presence and Engagement Key to Streaming Growth
Conviva’s Social Guide for Streaming Report Details Which Social Platforms – and Types of Content – Drive Viewers to New Streaming Services and Shows
Eight top streaming services - Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, Hulu, HBO Max, Paramount Plus, Peacock, and CW Seed - captured more than 227 million followers across Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter and YouTube in 2021. Netflix unsurprisingly led the pack as a social powerhouse, with its main account capturing more than 75% of all engagements and 70% of the audience among the top eight streaming platforms.
Conviva’s report also dove into the individual social platforms, revealing the strengths and weaknesses of each for social promotion of streaming. Findings included:
· Facebook - Facebook had the largest audience for streaming publisher accounts, holding 47% of all followers across the top streaming services. Yet, the platform only saw 8% of overall engagements. Announcements, teasers and trailers made up 73% of the streaming platform content on Facebook.
· Instagram - Instagram delivered 81% of social engagements for top streaming services, despite having only 17% of the audience. Top content on Instagram featured new shows, netting a 64% share with legacy shows and nostalgic content coming in at 22%.
· TikTok - TikTok ranks third in audience for top streaming services, with more followers per account than more established platforms YouTube and Twitter. Show clips with funny captions, cast videos and content tailormade for TikTok were among the top performing content.
· YouTube - 58% of the most viewed content for top streaming platforms on YouTube were show trailers, with teasers coming in second at 13%. Commercials commanded the most engagement of any content on YouTube with 5.6M views per video on average.
· Twitter - Twitter is unmatched in terms of content with streaming platforms averaging over 1,000 posts per month. Announcement posts made up the highest percentage of Twitter content at 17% with trailers coming in second at 16%.
Data included in Conviva’s Social Guide for Streaming report was collected from Conviva Social Insights between January 1, 2021 and October 21, 2021, specifically from two primary leaderboards; streaming TV services, which includes 87 global streaming platforms, and streaming TV shows, which includes 695 streaming TV shows. The data in the report also includes an analysis of the social media performance of eight top streaming platforms and twelve top streaming shows as measured by Conviva Social Insights.
Conviva is the census, continuous measurement and engagement platform for streaming media. Powered by our patented Stream Sensor™ and Stream ID™, our real-time platform enables marketers, advertisers, tech ops, engineering and customer care teams to acquire, engage, monetize and retain their audiences. Conviva is dedicated to supporting brands like CCTV, DAZN, Disney+, Hulu, Paramount+, Peacock, Sky, Sling TV, TED and WarnerMedia as they unlock the incredible opportunity in streaming media. Today our platform processes nearly 3 trillion streaming data events daily, supporting more than 500 million unique viewers watching 200 billion streams per year across 4 billion applications streaming on devices. Conviva ensures digital businesses of all sizes can stream better—every stream, every screen, every second. To learn more, visit www.conviva.com.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211207005982/en/
This news is a press release from the provider.
Korea Newswire is committed to verifying the transparency of providers and eliminating content errors.
You can receive press releases from this company or in industries of interest via email and RSS for free. Subscribe>
News provided byConviva