Toshiba Releases Intelligent Power Devices That Help Reduce Mounting Areas
Small High-Side and Low-Side Switches (8-Channels)
The new products use Toshiba’s analog device consolidation process (BiCD) to achieve an on-resistance of 0.4Ω (typ.) in the output stage, over 50% lower than that of Toshiba’s current products. Both TPD2015FN and TPD2017FN are housed in an SSOP30 package, which has a mounting area about 71% that of the SSOP24 package used for the current products, a height of 80% that of SSOP24 package, and a narrower, 0.65mm pin pitch. These improvements will help to reduce equipment size.
The maximum operating temperature of the new products is 110°C, higher than the 85°C of the current products, suiting them for operation in higher temperatures. In addition, both have built-in over current protection circuits and over temperature protection circuits, which help to improve equipment reliability.
 Bipolar CMOS DMOS
 Toshiba’s current products: TPD2005F and TPD2007F
 SSOP30 package: 9.7 × 7.6 × 1.2mm (typ.)
 SSOP24 package: 13.0 × 8.0 × 1.5mm (typ.)
· Programmable logic controllers for industrial use
· Numerically controlled machine tools
· Control equipment with IO-Link
· Monolithic power ICs with built-in N-channel MOSFETs (8-channels) and control circuits
(high-side switch TPD2015FN has built-in charge pumps.)
· Housed in a small SSOP30 package, with a mounting area about 71% that of the SSOP24 package
· Built-in protection functions (over temperature, over current)
· High operating temperature: Topr (max)=110°C
· Low On-resistance: RDS(ON)=0.4Ω (typ.) @VIN=5V, Tj=25°C, IOUT=0.5A
(To view the table, please visit https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230205005060/en/)
Follow the links below for more on the new products.
Follow the link below for applications of TPD2017FN.
Application Note for TPD2017FN
To check availability of the new products at online distributors, visit:
* Company names, product names, and service names may be trademarks of their respective companies.
* Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is current on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.
About Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation, a leading supplier of advanced semiconductor and storage solutions, draws on over half a century of experience and innovation to offer customers and business partners outstanding discrete semiconductors, system LSIs and HDD products.
The company's 23,000 employees around the world share a determination to maximize product value, and promote close collaboration with customers in the co-creation of value and new markets. With annual sales now surpassing 850-billion yen (US$7.5 billion), Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation looks forward to building and to contributing to a better future for people everywhere.
Find out more at https://toshiba.semicon-storage.com/ap-en/top.html
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230205005060/en/
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Power Device Sales & Marketing Dept.
Digital Marketing Department
This news is a press release announced by the provider. The media can use this material for reporting. Korea Newswire is committed to verifying the reliability and transparency of providers and eliminating content errors in accordance with editorial guidelines. If you have any issues with the press release, please let us know.
News provided byToshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation