Two Foreign Chefs Attained Gold Certification at Yanagihara Cooking School of Traditional Japanese Cuisine under the “Certification of Cooking Skills for Japanese Cuisine in Foreign Countries” Program
As of September 2022, there are 20 holders worldwide of the gold certificate, which lays down the most stringent requirements and the highest levels of skills among the three types of certification. The two gold certification winners have more than two years’ work experience at a Japanese restaurant located in Japan, and hold high aspirations for the Japanese cuisine as proven by, for example, their participation in the Japanese Cuisine and Food Culture Human Resource Development Program (implemented by the Japanese Cuisine and Food Culture Human Resource Development Committee as a MAFF-subsidized project). They are expected to play active roles in the future at a global scale.
Date: Monday, Feb. 13, 2023 12:00-15:00
Venue: Yanagihara Cooking School of Traditional Japanese Cuisine
(1-7-4 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo)
Judges: Mr. Naoyuki Yanagihara (Kinsaryu Soke, President of the Yanagihara Cooking
School of Traditional Japanese Cuisine, Japanese Cuisine Goodwill Ambassador);
Mr. Akio Saito (Executive Chef of Shichi Jyuni Kou, Japanese Cuisine Goodwill Ambassador)
Exam contents: Cooking of Shokado Bento and Suimono
· Information on the ingredients to be used in the exam is presented to the examinees one month before the exam date. Examinees submit the list of meals to be served in a Shokado Bento box to the secretariat one week before the exam date.
· On the day of the exam, examinees cook two servings of Shokado Bento and Suimono in three hours.
· The scope of the exam includes the composition of meals served, cooking practices performed, and the taste of the finished work.
About the Certification of Cooking Skills for Japanese Cuisine in Foreign Countries Program
With the aim of disseminating information in foreign countries in an appropriate and effective manner about the attractiveness of Japanese cuisine, food culture, and agricultural, forestry, fishery, and other food products, the Program is operated by private organizations and other entities to award, based on the MAFF’s Guidelines, the bronze, silver, and gold certificate to foreign-national Japanese cuisine chefs who have attained a certain level of knowledge and skills in the Japanese culinary art.
· Certification of Cooking Skills for Japanese Cuisine in Foreign Countries (MAFF’s website):
· Biographies of (gold/silver) certification holders (MAFF’s website “Taste of Japan”):
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230317005235/en/
TOW Co., Ltd.
Ms. Aya Hamasuna / Mr. Tetsuya Miyazaki
This news is a press release announced by the provider. The media can use this material for reporting. Korea Newswire is committed to verifying the reliability and transparency of providers and eliminating content errors in accordance with editorial guidelines. If you have any issues with the press release, please let us know.
News provided byTOW Co., Ltd.